If you have been using Mail.app for your BSU email, you will need to follow these steps in order to access the new BSU email through Mail.app.
Deleting the Old BSU Email
If you had your BSU email in the old system, you will first need to delete it. Follow steps A-I to delete your old settings. Otherwise, skip to "Setting up the New BSU Email."
A. Open Mail.app.
B. Click "Mail" in the top left corner of the screen.
C. Click "Preferences."
D. Click "Accounts
E. Select your BSU account from the left.
F. Click the minus button in the bottom left corner to delete the account.
G. Click "Remove" to confirm deletion.
H. Close the Preferences window.
I. Quit Mail.app.
Setting up the New BSU Email
1. Open Mail.app.
2. Click "Mail" in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Click "Preferences."
4. Click "Accounts."
5. Click the plus button in the bottom left corner.
6. In the "Add Account" window, use the following settings.
Full Name: [Your First and Last Name]
Password: [Your BSU Password]
7. Click "Continue."
8. Confirm your settings. If you do not want your Calendar to sync to iCal, uncheck the box next to "Calendar."
9. Click "Create." Your BSU email should now begin to populate Mail.app. Try sending an email to yourself to test the setup. You should be able to send the email and then receive it.
NOTE: It may take several minutes to several hours to sync your mail and even to receive a test email. If your mail is still not working after an hour, please contact the iCare Corner.